Tuesday, November 29, 2011

This whole "broke" thing... yeah, I'm over it.

My very first job was at Burger King. I remember when my manager handed me my first check, a whopping $124! I was a little choked-up, but managed to say, "This is all mine?"

Oh, the innocence.

It's a very different picture today. The days leading up to payday are a painful crawl, and once the funds reach my bank account, practically each cent is already spoken for. And then the painful crawl begins again to next payday.

I'd be first to admit that I have an unhealthy relationship with money. We haven't been the greatest of friends. A decade of money mis-management has led up to almost $8K in debt (and that's not even counting student loans). And with a number of upcoming major life changes ahead (getting married, entering my 30s), and their associated expenses, it's time I do something about this.

This blog will serve two main purposes:
Number 1: to document this journey of eliminating my debt to $0;
Number 2: to allow me to go back and re-read the experience so it will scare me from not racking any more debt ever again.

Here are the figures as they stand on Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2011 (upcoming posts will go over these numbers in further detail):
Credit Card Debt: $5484.52
Personal Loan: $2311.00
TOTAL $7795.52 

So here begins the journey from BROKE to FINANCIALLY STABLE, documented for self-accountability and mere entertainment. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment